Hello from the great white north

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by CraigK, Apr 1, 2004.

1. CraigK

CraigK Member

Hi All,

This is a rather late intro....I mean, I've only been lurking and posting for the last year or so. Oh well, better late than never.

My name is Craig Koshyk. I am an artist, professional photographer (commercial, fashion) and educator (I own PrairieView School of Photography www.prairieview.ca).

I am a long time dark room addict and chronic abuser of alternative processes. That is not to say that I am anti-digi, I use bits, bytes and pixels for work everyday. For my personal work though, I just love my darkroom with its stinky chemicals, 25 year old vinyl albums and all the other great stuff with which i surround myself under the orange safe light.

I am also a dog nut. Yes, dogs. My wife and I have three. Two Weimaraners and an Epagneul de Pont Audemer (a what?....go to http://homepage.mac.com/ckoshyk/Ponto.htm to find out about the breed and to see some of my photos)

I am a great fan of this site, checking in almost every day. I will be taking possession of a good scanner soon so I hope to post some of my work to the gallery.

In the meantime I will continue to lurk and occasionally post.

Cheers!

Craig

2. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    from one dog-nut to another - welcome

3. Ka

Ka Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Craig,

You've got quite an impressive facility. I am quite jealous... you should see our dungeon... I mean, school. Very impressive images as well.

4. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    We are big dog people also, Ours go everywhere we can take them.. Enjoy the site a show what you got!

5. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Let me know if your ever in Calgary. We have monthly meeting of the Large Format Users Group. It would be nice to have you as a guest speaker sometime, or just get out and do some shooting.

6. KenM

KenM Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Eric, Eric, Eric. We in Canada photograph - our friends to the south shoot. :-D

(ducking, and running for cover)

7. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hey my cameras are registered! Are yours? Remember cameras don't shoot people, photographers do.

8. mark

mark Member

Hello Craig

My wife, son and I are owned by five Mutts. here on the Navajo reservation four would be called Pure Bred Rez Mutts, each comeing from the means streets of a town on the reservation. The fifth was sprung from the joint. This does not include the three strays we feed that show up around dinner time. Anyone want a nifty mutt?

OOps hit the submit button instead of the preview.

Nice photos. Infact your composit nude is the first composite I have seen that I liked.

9. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome Craig: You are in the "real" Canada, I see. Gotta have dogs there. We have two, one Shetland Sheep Dog (our protector who might take a nip if you trespass uninvited. The other is a black Labrador Retriever who will give you the house keys. We live in the Maryland swamp on the Eastern Shore.

10. brimc76

brimc76 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Craig, missed you last month when you were in to the Montreal Deli - maybe next time. We are a Standard Schnauzer family here.

11. Ed Sukach

Ed Sukach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There is at least one of us that does both.

P.S. Seems like one of the RCBS Digital reloading scales (resolution ... .01 gram - 500 gram capacity - I got to check one out) might be readily applicable to photographic chemistry mixing.