Hello from the Heart of the Ozarks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by kchittenden, Sep 9, 2004.

1. kchittenden

kchittenden Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, I finally got around to putting an introduction on the site. I first fell in love with photography when my mother bought me film to use in her Kodak box camera. When the prints (B&W of course) arrived back at the local drug store, I was hooked. I shot 35mm for year (and still do), but really learned to enjoy the methodical ways of 4x5 while I was the owner of a camera store and custom lab.

Alas, the camera store failed and I had to get another job. I found myself working for a Fortune 400 company in Information Technology, where I work as a project manager today. Work leaves little time for photography, but I still love it. (There is something magical about watching a print appear in a tray of developer.)

Recently I have been working with Polaroid Transfers and some B&W. I have two kids in college and a wonderful wife who all indulge me with my photographic vice. My daughter seems to have quite an eye and loves shooting B&W.

I live in SW Missouri in the Ozarks. A beautiful place to shoot. Fall will be here soon and the colors are vivid here. I was more than happy to join APUG after a few weeks of lurking. You all have given a world of good advice and your gallery photos are wonderful to view.

2. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome!
    It sounds like you've come to the right place! I'll look forward to seeing your photos! That is a beautiful area you are in!
    Jeanette

3. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Welcome.
    I'm sure that you have some beautiful scenery to photograph. I'd like to make a field trip down there sometime. If I do, I'll be sure to pester you for location suggestions.

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the site. I am sure you will enjoy your visits here.
    gene

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Welcome from Hawaii. I hope you will share some of the images. One thing I miss living over here is the fall seasons and the change of colors.

6. Konical

Konical Subscriber

Good Evening,

Welcome from one of your neighboring states, Illinois.

Konical