HELLO! from wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by j.ponakmo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. j.ponakmo

j.ponakmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    howdy! i'm from wisconsin, i've been developing and printing my film for roughly a year and a half. i primarily shoot with point n shoot camera's of the 90's; olympus stylus epic, ricoh gr1v, or konica bigmini. Though my first experience was with a nikon FG w/ the 50mm E series lens and i've since moved onto a N90s which i never seem to bother to drag out of the house when i wanna shoot. The film i've been sticking with is the kentmere 400 in the bulk loader, and i must admit i lurked around APUG for quite some time trying to glean every bit of information about the film. here's some samples of what i've been shooting, a lot of punk bands and other stuff i run into along the way. A big inspiration to me is daido moriyama, and i'm also a chemist so i do really enjoy that side of the endeavor. here's some photos i've taken over the last year. i like to develop alittle bit on the high temp side in D76, and i've been printing on the cheapest stuff available and there's a great darkroom through a community photography group here in madison that i print at.

Attached Files:

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

3. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome in, j.ponakmo. The work shows you're quite at home with your P&S cameras and having fun. Nice. Glad to have you join us.

4. Renato Tonelli

Renato Tonelli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. I enjoyed your images, especially those of musicians - they are very infectious in their excitement.

I have been photographing musicians in performance for a long time and I can attest that it is really enjoyable to combine the two passions ( music and photography).

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Warm and welome to APUG! Love your photos.

Jeff

6. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from SE WI.

7. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG from western Mass.

8. dehk

dehk Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Echo from across the big pond.

9. semi-ambivalent

semi-ambivalent Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Mad City! An epoch ago I remember I and a fellow out-of-state-er stumbling in to Amateur Night at the Dangle Inn. I didn't have a camera with me, alas, but was still filtering everything through Point Specials. :laugh:

One of the cooler states...

Welcome! (Nice bite to those images.)

s-a

10. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the northwest territories of Wisconsin! I had the predecessor Konica A4 to your rig and was always surprised and pleased at its solid optics. Keep burning that Kentmere!

My son and daughter both graduated from Madison so I know the town well and spent a few blurry times there, too.

11. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

12. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lurk no more! Welcome to APUG.

13. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I liked the Hollywood image. How did you do that ? It looks like taken with laser beam , anyone have go and look to the image for me ?
    Welcome , I am still learning and amazed with others does. I liked your compositions , I love double basses and the acrylic guitars.
    Some young people having great and interesting times really.

14. j.ponakmo

j.ponakmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was on tour with my dumb punk band recently and i brought my point n shoots n tons of film. This won't be of much help but when we got into hollywood i saw the highway sign and quick took out the camera and fired. the effect of dirt on the image is the filthy/dead bugs/etc on the windshield, the AE did a pretty good job and the rest is 24C D76 and kentmere 400.