Hello Ilford! What is this Print Processor?

Discussion in '[Partner] ILFORD PHOTO' started by welly, Jan 16, 2013.

1. welly

welly Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got the opportunity to rescue an Ilford Print Processor which is making its way to the tip.

It looks like this:

[​IMG]

and here's a second one

[​IMG]

Assuming it works, does anyone know what it is and whether it's worth salvaging? I'm assuming it's a more commercial tool rather than something for low output as I do but it would go in the communal darkroom that myself and a couple of friends are currently putting together.

Cheers!

2. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Welly,

Its either an ILFOSPEED 2001 processor or a 2240 processor ( later model ) they cost £ 15,000 + 20 years ago!

We make the chemicals for it, they were high capacity RC processors, some had roll attachments but I do not think yours has.

They were massively over-engineered and incredibly robust.

Question is would you have the throuput to keep the chemistry on song and would it be economic to run ?

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    No idea where you are, Welly but if the three of you don't do enough printing to make it economical you could always offer to do printing for a local lab that has to subject its customers to non-neutral RA4 prints from trad or chromogenic B&W negs or give others a chance to join your group.

pentaxuser

4. welly

welly Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Simon! We've decided to pass on it. I think it's overkill for what we'll ever use it for and certainly we don't have the resources to fill it with chemicals :smile:

5. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    smart move. you're better off this way.

6. Chris Webb

Chris Webb Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi there, I used to use one of these and would very much like to own one!!!, I can pretty well fix anything on this machine, who know it may be my old machine !!, I am in the usa but I am shipping a large container over here this year, do you want to sell it !!??