1. Dave Morrow

Dave Morrow Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi from a new member.

My name is Dave Morrow and I live in Stonehaven, Scotland (just south of Aberdeen). I am originally from Belfast, N-Ireland but moved to Scotland 14 years ago.

I have been interested in photography for about 10 years. Joining a local camera club last year has really rekindled my interest. Camera club competitions mean I am producing a lot more prints and I am picking up a lot of improvement tips.

Although I have been using digital techniques since 1998, I have recently gone back to film and the darkroom. As I work in IT I found that spending time in front of a computer all evening wasnÂ’t very satisfying. I was able to crank out loads of prints, but it was beginning to feel like a chore rather than a hobby. I have now gone back to my darkroom - only 1-2 full prints a week but I find it much more satisfying. (Although my family snapshots are still digital).

I found Apug.org by the recommendation in Black and White Magazine. I have been lurking for a few weeks and have found the information really useful. I will try to put up an image in the coming weeks for critique.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    welcome dave. I'm sure you'll like it here.

3. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Dave, welcome. You seem to be moving in the right direction although I am not sure about the camera club competitions. You know what those judges are like !!

4. Dave Morrow

Dave Morrow Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It can be quite disheartening when a judge dislikes your work (I know you shouldnt take it personally, but human nature dictates otherwise). However, I have found that a number of similar criticisms do come up every month and I do find this useful for improving basic technique.

I haven't punched a judge yet! They are normally bigger then me ;-)

5. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    welcome dave,

6. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Dave. I knew someone was watching me..

7. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Dave - I enter camera club competitions to see what absurd things the judges will say.
    juan