Hi everyone, I made my first Van Dyke print last night using an enlarged negative on transparency film. It actually looks decent, considering it was my first try. I basically followed the procedure from Wynn White's article on unblinkingeye.com. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. (1) I had a hard time coating the paper (Stonehenge Rising) evenly using the glass-rod method. I distributed the sensitizer (about 1 ml to start, for a 6x9" sensitized area) along the rod and then pulled it down the paper, as described by White. What I found was that the sensitizer would come down the paper in irregular "stripes" -- as if the rod wasn't spreading the sensitizer in some places. Is this a problem with my coating rod -- not straight enough? (I made it myself from glass tubing, but I have a few others as well.) I found that I had to go over the area more than once (in orthogonal directions -- up/down and left/right) to get even coating. (2) I noticed, when clearing the prints in very dilute citric acid (as described by White), that after four or five changes of water some areas of the print would appear to "bleach". Has anyone ever seen this? I managed to avoid this with my last print by using much less citric acid (a vanishingly small amount) in the rinse and limiting myself to three changes of water. (3) I like the look of my first VDB. One thing I wasn't expecting was the degree of dry-down density changes -- my print got considerably darker when it was fully dry. I'll have to take that into account next time. (4) For those who are interested -- I tried to do this "on the cheap", with limited success (on the "cheap" part). My light source was a 13W compact spiral fluorescent BLB in a hardware store-type "reflector" work light fixture. The negative was printed on Staples overhead film using a Van Dyke curve I found on alternativephotography.com. I used two thick (1 cm) glass plates to hold everything together. The paper was Stonehenge Rising, but today I bought some Fabriano Artistico and Cranes Platine (expensive!) to try out, in the hopes that they may coat more evenly.