Help! Can you identify this film??

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by EdColorado, Dec 16, 2011.

1. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is kinda embarrassing...

I shot this some time ago and have just "refound" it. Problem is, I don't know what film it is. Its marked as 100 ASA but I don't know which manufacturer. Its a current film though so hopefully someone here will recognize it.

Thanks for the help!

Ed

[​IMG]

2. snallan

snallan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like it could be Fomapan.

3. dnjl

dnjl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, looks like Fomapan to me. Is the paper seal of the non-lick kind (or whatever you call that)? If yes, then I'd definitely say it's Fomapan.

4. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Load it onto a reel, pop it into the daylight tank, and in room light see if the now accessible head end of the backing paper has more information on it.

Otherwise look up what conventional 100 speed b&w films (if you are pretty sire it is b&w) take to develop in your developer and dilution of choice.

Don't be afraid to go a bit long; denser negs take longer to print; underdeveloped negs are a worse alternative. If they are difficult to pritn as dense, and are worth the effort, they can be reduced.

5. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the ideas but I don't think its Fomapan. I don't think I've ever shot any, plus it looks like a "lick and seal" tab. I think its either Adox or Freestyle's house brand, Arista? I don't know, I do like to try different films so perhaps I did have some Fomapan and just don't remember... I have this and a couple rolls of Ilford to develop so I guess I'll do the Ilford first and then try Mike's idea and hope the other end of the backing paper says something more.

6. LarryP

LarryP Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    arista edu ultra is fomapan

7. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Really? Freestyle sells both separately with Arista being about a buck cheaper...hmmm, good to know, and maybe this is then Fomapan.

8. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It looks exactly like the Arista Ultra.EDU film that I have here in the house.

This is Fomapan 100. No doubt about it.

9. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent, thank you Thomas! And thanks too, to everyone else. I appreciate it!!

Ed