Help connecting Jessops timer to Opemus 6 enlarger

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by MamiyaJen, Jul 5, 2012.

1. MamiyaJen

MamiyaJen Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    d1.jpg d2.jpg d3.jpg d4.jpg

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. I'm technically incompetent so I'm leaving this job to dad but his skills aren't exactly 100% so looking for a bit of help here. I (or he) need to connect the timer to the enlarger but have no idea how to go about it or what wires will be needed. I've included pictures of both if that helps.

Much appreciated :smile:

2. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I used to use one of these Jessops timer, they were made by Paterson for Jessops, and are still made and sold under the Patterson brand.To wire it you need a D plug, that is wired to the enlarger, the earth to the top pin, live and neutral to the lower pins, should be very straight forward and simple, the enlarger is connected to the plug at the rear of the timer and the timer to the mains, as long as the enlarger has a reasonable lead then you need no further wires, should be fine, they are very simple but very reliable timers, I only stopped using mine when I got an RH analyser/pro.
    Richard

3. MamiyaJen

MamiyaJen Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Many thanks! I'll let my dad know. You say simple, but i know my dad so we'll see :wink:

4. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Mine was also connected to an Opemus 6 enlarger, the black and white condenser head model, which I still have and use today, a very strong and well made enlarger, just remember mains lead from enlarger wired to d plug, which will have the earth neutral and live marked on it, plug into timer, plug timer into mains, switch on and get printing, and have fun,
    Richard

5. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Go to Maplin and ask for a plug to go on the end of a computer lead (better still, take the timer with you). The pins are quite clearly labeled, so most people should be able to wire one up without difficulty.