Help me date my Rolleicord

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by KPT, Dec 30, 2008.

1. KPT

KPT Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have a Rolleicord and dont the the model or date. I searched the web and the closest match i could find was a limited police edition of 500 but im sure this is not that one, i wish i could be that lucky! The seial number 742xxx, viewing lens is Heidoscop - Anastigmat f=7.5cm, Taking lens Carl Zeiss Jena Nr2662976. The camera is in rough shape with only one shutterspeed.

When i checked the web it seemed every taking lens was a Heidosmat but mine is a Heidoscop

Thank you

Attached Files:

• 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      81.4 KB
      Views:
    • 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    • 036.JPG
      036.JPG
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's an earlish Rollei camera, the lens of importance is the Triotar taking lens, I had a very similar Rolliecord II with a Triotar it was surprisingly good lens for a Triplet, once stopped down.

The lens is of WWII manufacture 1940, but it's not the usual Compur face plate that I'm used to, the Rollei Club website shows you its a Rolliecord II model 3. Apart from the shutter aperture scale plate it's absolutely identical to my old II.

Ian

3. KPT

KPT Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Ian, Thank you very much for your reply! I was searching the rolleiclub and found this info. The model i think is Rolleicord Ia Model 3 - Model K3 - 531.
    http://www.rolleiclub.com/cameras/tlr/info/rolleicord.shtml Line 22

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  4. KPT

KPT Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    After looking further into this i have found it to be, Rolleicord Ia Model 3 - Model K3 - 531. Its not the police edition because that edition had the 3.5. I guess i will just put this one on the shelf to look at.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It could be. It's quite difficult to tell without seeing the camera first hand.

Ian

6. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's a Rolleicord Ia, type 3.

I have the police model, and it's just a little different. 3,5 Triotar, and "Franke & Heidecke Braunschweig" engraved under the name plate.

7. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've heard that the Triotar is good for portraiture, although I'm not fond of portraits taken from a waist-level position and looking up the nostrils.

8. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What a relief! You just wanted to know how old your camera is. I thought "What? Arrange a date with a camera? The next thing you know we would end up being marriage counselors."

9. Lee L

Lee L Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was going to suggest that dating those you work with is problematic, especially across brands. But I thought better of it.

Lee

10. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My thought was: The Diaphram was probably a bit to small.