help with identifying this component

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by manjo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. manjo

manjo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a wista DX recently, along with the camera I also got a 4x5 ground glass in a little envelop. I am assuming that this fits on the back of the camera. But I just cant figure out how. Any help with identifying this componet and fitting it back on the camera highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you sure it is glass, or is it a fresnel? also what is in the camera, a stock screen or has someone replaced the screen with an upgrade and perhaps the one in the bag is the stock screen?

R.

3. cdholden

cdholden Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Posting a photo would be of more help. If you can, post one of the glass (maybe plate, fresnel or ground?) and a photo of the back. You'll get a more accurate response if you can show what you have to work with.
    Chris

4. OP
    manjo

manjo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes working on it. I dont have a digi camera so I will have to ask a friend.

5. Harrigan

Harrigan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The stock Wista comes with a bright focus screen that goes under the glass. There is NO ground glass on my Wista 4x5 or 8x10 its clear glass that sits on top of the bright focus screen. Hope this helps.

6. dphphoto

dphphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The groundglass on the DX is easily removeable, with a fine phillips head screwdriver. You just unscrew the clips. The original Wista groundglass is really good, so I'm not sure why anyone would want to replace it. Or, the seller may have just sent you a spare glass. I've got one sitting in a drawer somewhere. Dean