Help with Lucky 90m Enlarger

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by alexandraperry1, Apr 8, 2009.

1. alexandraperry1

alexandraperry1 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi!

I just bought my first enlarger off ebay, it's a Lucky 90M. It looks to be in great shape, but, and I'm probably being dumb here, but I'm not sure how it turns on. There is no instruction manual included. Does anyone have a manual and/or know how to turn it on?

Thanks!

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This link may be of some help. But then, maybe not.... You might be able to translate the page.

3. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know nothing about the Lucky 90m specifically, but many enlargers lack on/off switches -- they're on when they're plugged in and off when they're not. They rely on switches in separate enlarger timers to control whether they're on or off. If you don't have a timer, you'll need to use some other mechanism to time your enlargements, such as plugging the enlarger into a power strip and using its on/off switch and a stopwatch to time things.

4. RJS

RJS Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It would be nice if, when people register on APUG they list what part of the world they are in. I see all these names of products I've never heard of and wonder where they come from. I find it fascinating and mysterious.

5. tim k

tim k Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a Lucky from a guy in Arizona that picked it up in Japan. Still in the original boxes, but so old that the rubber on the cords was rotten. So, I guess they get around.

6. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The Lucky has been all over the world. I think Fujimoto made it. Sold in the USA as Bogen, Siratone; by Cambridge Camera. You name it. Not the most solid machine; but capable. I knew guys who used the straigt-columned models by cutting a piece of pipe, threading it on both ends; putting a flange on each end; then putting it between the top of the straight column and the ceiling; twist the pipe to put some pressure on the column; rock steady, the Lucky goes.