Help with Tetanal C41 Kit

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by observerstation, Sep 6, 2013.

1. observerstation

observerstation Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi

I am new to home colour processing and wanted a bit of information in regards to developing time. Do I need to adjust developing time for different ISO films? I have just completed my first 2 rolls of 400 ISO film and followed the instructions supplied with the kit. do I need to reduce or increase the developing/Bleaching stages for 200/100 ISO film?

I am using a Patterson tank with room for 2 rolls, can I mix different ISO films? For example; Develop 1- 200 ISO with 1- 400 ISO Film?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

2. madgardener

madgardener Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    C-41 is a standardized process. It doesn't matter what speed the film is, it's all developed for the same amount of time. So, yes you can develop an ISO 200 and an ISO 400 at the same time with no ill effects.

3. observerstation

observerstation Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Great, thanks for your help!...Im really surprised how easy colour developing is, having previously only done B&W developing, I was under the impression colour developing would be much more difficult. Now the trick is to perfect the colour developing technique...easier said than done I reckon!

4. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah there's a lot of paranoia out there about C-41 requiring lab regimented processes to be successful. In reality home processing will get you pretty dang close. Faster than black and white as well once the chems are heated up.