Here's what happens when you...

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by pbromaghin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ...forget what you loaded in the tank.

I was all excited to use my new 5-reel Patterson tank (from the "free, take me" bin) for the first time. I planned to start with 2 35mm and 1 120, but at the last minute loaded 3 120 reels instead. 2 weeks later when I finally got around to processing it I measured out chemicals for 2 35mm and 1 120. i'm pretty sure I don't have Alzheimer's. Maybe halfzheimers?

hereswhathappens.jpg

Edit to add: Now that I look at it on a monitor, it looks almost toned brown. This is a straight negative scan of Tmax 400 and under a loupe the lower half looks like normal shades of gray. Does anybody else see this, or is my monitor goofy?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
  2. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    my negatives do this all the time, paper ones too.
    the scanner picks up all sorts of weird tones,
    or weird to it, and translates them into a color pallet
    seeing you are scanning in color ( i always do : )
    i love the clouds, kind of like salvadore was
    being channelled by your gizmo :smile:

john

3. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, sort of sepia with a little magenta.

4. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's weird, because I thought the scanner was set on B&W negative; will have to check tonight. I was all excited for this roll, as it was the first post-CLA B&W on the Ikonta and the shutter speeds are no longer mere suggestions, but are spot on. At least there is enough good on the negatives to see that they are quit a bit less dense than before, so it must have been pretty slow. The roll also had some experiments taking the same shots with yellow, red and green filters. The crane is bright red, the bricks a mixture of brown and yellowish, the tarps on the upper floor a dark green. The sky is empty blue. It would have been cool to see what happened.

A little later, the guard came out and chased me off. Apparently terrorists with 65-year old cameras are stalking construction sites to learn the best locations for their bombs. It wasn't until a couple days later that it popped into my thick head to mention I work for the company that owns the hospital.

5. jvo

jvo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    ack...

digital??!!???