hi everybody

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Peter Osuchowski, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Peter Osuchowski

Peter Osuchowski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hi,

wow, i just found this website while randomly surfing the net, and boy am i glad i did! i'll probably be putting in a lot of time looking through the posts, articles, and images.

i'm 28 years old, currently living in champaign, IL. i'm from chicago, but spiritually i'm from new york. i am/was a fine arts/photography student at loyola, where i finished all of the photo classes but still haven't graduated. also finished a minor in philosophy.

i hate all things digital, because art, for me, is about making the thing, the physical "art object". (sorry if i overintellectualize everything :wink: that's the philosophy side of the brain talking) however, i realize i can't be a luddite when it comes to commercial work, though, which i still hope to get into. so far, i've made $3 on photography :wink:

generally i now shoot medium format with mamiya 7ii (my baby) and fuji ga-645 rangefinders, but i love my inconspicuous little contax 35mm point-and-shoot as well. last year, i got to use a borrowed 4x5 view camera and totally fell in love with it, but alas i can't afford one right now :sad: i print my own color, b&w, and ilfochrome. lately i've been experiencing a total creative lull and haven't taken more than snapshots for months. but i do have some ideas stewing in the back of my head...

you're all welcome to take a look at my crappy website, http://www.peterosuchowski.com, but i'll definitely be posting work in the image gallery, and hopefully getting some nice, brutal feedback. i look forward to meeting the other members of this site and participating in all of its aspects!

peace,
    peter

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wecome Peter, contribute and enjoy.

3. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Welcome Peter,

I'm sure that you will find this place both informative and inspiring to shake you out of your lull. I sure did :smile:.

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    By the way. Wecome is the English spelling of the American word Welcome - and if you believe that you will believe anything :smile:

5. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Peter,
    You wandered into a great site. Enjoy your many visits here, cause I'm sure you'll be back often.
    gene

6. geraldatwork

geraldatwork Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Welcome to the site. I also was very happy when I found this site. I'm a 35mm range finder photog starting to expand into medium format.

7. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another Mamiya 7II (my baby too) user.

Welcome Welcome Welcome

8. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Welcome from Canada. We spell "welcome" the same way as the Yanks. Or at least our "l's" aren't stuck LOL. Checked out your website. You have some interesting stuff. I am sure you will find this sight inspiring to say the least.

9. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Peter!

Do we really wander into a place like this, or is it fate/destiny that brings us here? Either way, it is home! So welcome home from your neighbor to the north!

Jeanette

10. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Typing upside down as we speak .... Welcome from DownUnder.

11. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the Real Down Under.

12. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. This is a truly cosmopolitan group. I am continually delighted at the quantity and quality of information here.

13. Peter Osuchowski

Peter Osuchowski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hi BWGirl,

i'm actually from Wisconsin myself. i grew up in green bay and lived in madison for 4 years before becoming a FIB. i still have friends up there.

peter

14. Peter Osuchowski

Peter Osuchowski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the welcome.

thanks, everyone, for the welcome. i'm sure i'll have a lot of fun with this site. ...assuming i don't get lost in the hierarchical post/reply scheme or whatever.

peace,
    peter

15. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Peter, always good to see a new member and I think DrBob put it very susinctly :wink:

Kind regards Tony