Hi from Vancouver Island

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Thomas Wagner, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Thomas Wagner

Thomas Wagner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Migawd, I thought I was the last holdout for "analog" photography.

I need some help, that's what brought me here, but now that I am here I really appreciate the format.

It appears that all my local sources for colour print chemistry have dried up, so am going to experiment with commercial (Fuji) chemistry in a small drum. I got a good amount of Colorprint RA chemicals from a retired processor. Now I have to figure it out.

Anyone out there tried this?

2. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Thomas!
    I have no idea how to help you, but I thought I'd at least welcome you to APUG! I'd be willing to bet if you post your question in the color forum topic here, someone will be able to help you!
    In the meantime, welcome!! :D

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi Thomas, welcome from Hawaii. You will find lot's of analog minded people here, those that post images to the gallery are especially welcome - although, not required, but highly encouraged. :tongue:

4. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Thomas, sorry I'm not into colour but there's plenty of experts here that I'm sure can help you.

5. oriecat

oriecat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Thomas! I too can't help with your question, but wanted to say welcome. Where on Vancouver Island do you live? I love it up there. I'll never forget a family trip we took up there one year to Ucluelet (sp?). Everyone else went out fishing and I wandered with the camera.

6. Thomas Wagner

Thomas Wagner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ucluelet is a handful to spell

You were bang on with the spelling.

We are indeed in gods country for photographers. I am on the other side of the island, Ucluelet is on the ocean (west) side. But on this side we have what are called the Gulf Islands. You can't miss a good shot here.

7. Tom Stanworth

Tom Stanworth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Glad to meet you. Yes, this is one of the last bastions of analogue, but you'll find no enclave mentality here. Sure, most of us hold small arsenals, peer out from behind net curtains and have bunkers in our back gardens, but, hey, thats normal, right?

Tom

8. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The last that I knew Annie M lived in Sooke