Hi, I'm kind of new-ish

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Melisa Taylor, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Melisa Taylor

Melisa Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i've already made a few posts.

My name is Melisa, from Tampa, Florida, and I'm a photographer/camera-aholic.

I shoot everything from Polaroids to toy cameras, to hasselblad to 35mm slr's to rangefinders. You name it, I'm probably interested in it. :smile: :tongue:

I've been shooting for a few years now and loving every minute of it. I've taken a couple photography college classes in the last year, but this semester the attendance is low, so they dropped the ones I wanted to take.

I've enjoyed reading up on tips here and I feel like this is going to fill the educational void i feel like I am going through right now. The darkroom forums are helping me, as I feel like i'm out of practice and loosing my 'touch'.

anyway, hello!!! :smile:

2. Joe Symchyshyn

Joe Symchyshyn Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Welcome from Canada!

joe :smile:

3. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings from Canada two (too?)
    I know how you feel about the educational void. Took a couple last year and am currently in one now (not very happy with the instructor, but what are ya gonna do). Two of the classes I wanted to take have been dropped completely and one was folded into another to make up attendance. This site and everyone here has definately helped.
    Nice avatar! Self portrait? (just kidding) :wink:

4. Melisa Taylor

Melisa Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Haha! nice. Thanks, I took the picture (avatar), but I only look like that in the morning... I SWEAR! :smile:

5. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. Guess what? I'm Canadian too (three?), but live and work in the states.

Art.

6. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome :smile:

7. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok, just so you don't get the idea that we all are Canadian....hm...my Mom was born in Canada....Ok, so much for that line of thinking!! :wink:
    Welcome, Melisa! This site has contributed more to my photography education than anything else I've done! looking forward to seeing your photos in the gallery! (I love the avatar!!!) :D

8. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, and bummer about the class. There's a lot of good information here, and looking forward to your posts in the gallery.