1. ibraz

ibraz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    hello every one, I'm a student in a engineering, (systems and innovation) in france, I live between france and morocco where I was raised.
    so... what brings me here?
    light! I began photography with my mom's pentax P30t, and even if i've tried some digital slrs, I can't get the same feeling with them.
    so now i'm the happy owner of a super-A, and a MEsuper with seven lenses, and they make me happy everyday as I always have one with me and shoot approx ten shots a week.

I love low light shots, where light can be sculpted, and you have to wait for your subject to be in the right place, in a good posture, makes me feel like I'm sculpting with light.
    always looking for the decisive moment it's also a great pleasure to process in my dark/bath room.

happy to get to know you!
    cheers!

(sorry about my low level english, foreign language teachers here do really suck)

2. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG ibraz!

(a foreign language teacher who used to live in France) :wink:

3. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ibraz - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts USA.

gene

4. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello, ibraz. Welcome to a great community - from the other end of Massachusetts, USA

5. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bienvenue! Il n'y a pas beaucoup de francophones chez APUG (et il faut dire que je n'en suis pas un moi-même; l'anglais, c'est my langue maternelle), mais j'espère que vois aimerez bien notre petit coin de l'Internet.

(Translation: Welcome! There aren't many francophones on APUG [and I must say that I'm not one myself; English is my mother tongue], but I hope that you will like our little corner of the Internet.)

6. David Grenet

David Grenet Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from another engineering student in Australia!

7. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You seem to have the use of the word 'SUCK' down pretty well. Welcome to the group.

8. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello! Welcome from western PA. Your English is better than some Americans I know.

9. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. This is a great place.

10. delphine

delphine Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bienvenu Ibraz, ton anglais est super!:D Ceci dit, il y a des francophones et des français dans les forums d'APUG ; bien que nous participions en Anglais. Il y a le forum en langue française qui malheurement n'est pas très actif (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum14/). Que ce soit en anglais ou en français, tu auras toujours une réponse à tes questions et beaucoup de soutien.:wink:

Bien à toi,

Delphine
    (Pied noir expatriée en Grande Bretagne):smile:

11. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from Washington DC! It's a wonderful little corner of the internet, and a great place to further your addiction to all things photographic.

12. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond, Va!

Jeff:smile:

13. ibraz

ibraz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    And... Four years later, I'm Back!

It's been really nice to read your replies to the post!

Photography is still an important part of my life, even if things slowed down a bit.
    The Trusty MEsuper still rocks, it has now seen three continents since i live in Québec (QC) now.

The streets here don't have the same dynamics, I'm sure that there are wonderful pictures left to be taken on this subject, but it seems that it doesn't work for me anymore.

Medium format helped me find an other level of photographic zen, the one where you stand in the landscape, frame your picture with maximum accuracy, and just weight for the right moment to press on the cable release.

I also discovered that portrait photography can be extra ordinary when you are able to capture "real" emotions...

Work took me away from phtography for a year, so i'm back on the internet and photo exhibits to see as many great pictures as I can in order to re-build composition reflexes, lighting awareness etc.

Happy to be back here :D

14. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome back to APUG.