Hiya from Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by XRe, May 10, 2007.

1. XRe

XRe Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I realized I haven't posted in this forum, yet... :wink:

Howdy - I'm Dave Re, from Austin, TX.

I'm actually returning to film after a long (well, 4 year) period of shooting exclusively digital. I inherited a raft of analog gear from my grandfather, and have been sorting out a couple of nice kits, and I'm looking forward to putting it to use. I have a nice 'blad rig, a Linhof Master Tech, a Linhof Super Kardan, and a Speed Graphic 4x5 (w/ working focal plane shutter). Super cool stuff :wink:

I have to admit to being thoroughly overwhelmed, at this point, with the sheer amount of information on this site. How does one even pick a film and developer combo, with all this choice??? :lol:

I intend to follow a hybrid workflow (shoot and dip film, scan, and do the rest digitally) - so a lot of my questions may not be appropriate on this forum, but I still have questions/concerns that apply here. The hybridphoto.com site doesn't have near the traffic this site does, but I understand the desire to keep those subjects somewhat separated...

Anyhow... glad to be here... :wink:

Dave

2. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Dave,

Welcome from NYC. You're correct about hybridphoto.com being more appropriate for your workflow. BTW: a number of us are members of both - but I don't get over there very often.

While posting hybrid queries to fora here is a no-no - you can certainly PM folks you run into who may have info etc. you need. :wink:

3. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Howdy Dave,
    Welcome to APUG! There are a number of folks from Austin here, feel free to contact me if you need any local info ... though it looks like you have a pretty good handle on things already :smile:
    Nathan

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi Dave--Welcome to APUG and Hybridphoto.com--David

5. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi Dave, welcome from Hawaii. I've got family in Austin, but haven't visited there for almost 20 years. I should someday.

6. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England...

drew