Holga 135 Pan - is it broken?

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by epp, Jun 6, 2012.

1. epp

epp Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Please note I'm posting this here, as it is a general question, not specific to it being a panorama model.

My Holga 135 Pan arrived yesterday. I noticed a couple of things that didn't seem "right" and would like opinions as to whether it is legitimately broken and should be returned for exchange, or if it is normal - given the unique features of the entire Holga line.

1. The shutter button is loose, although it does not appear to be in danger of falling out. Note that I found a review of the model online and a picture of it also appeared to have a loose shutter button, it was not exactly straight in the picture, so maybe this is normal.

2. The exposure counter does not reset back to "S" automatically when the back of the camera is opened. I have to tap the top of the camera a couple of times in order for it to reset back.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions.

No monkey sticker on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  2. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    as to the shutter button -- does it work? does it fall off? if answers are yes and no, then it's probably up to spec.

The film counter? Well, it's a cheap plastic thing, if you can get it to work by tapping, it's probably not worth the cost of sending in for exchange. sort of another feature, along with light leaks.

this is why i buy all my cheap plastic 35mm cameras at the thrift store...hands-on inspection.

3. epp

epp Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    To the shutter button questions, yes and no.