Holga-blad

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by arigram, Jun 3, 2009.

1. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Has anyone every tried to take off the lens off an Holga and attach it to a Hasselblad body cap, thus creating a most frightening cross-breed monstrosity? The reason this came to mind is that I have all sort of troubles with the Holga body (no "good" troubles) and I am only interested in the creative ways the shitty lens can be used for.

2. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The lens to body distance might be too large for it to focus properly on a Hasselblad. It could easily be fixed to the body of an old 6x6 folder though.

Steve.

4. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not long to go now!

Steve.

6. Prest_400

Prest_400 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Magnachrom has an article of SK Grimes creation, a holga lens and blad body; if I remember well, it was in the 5th issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  7. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It probably will be easier if you have a Rollei SL66 with it's bellows focussing and focal plane shutter......
    Never tried it though.

Peter

8. g12

g12 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    No, but can I be the first to add "mruhahahahahahahahaaaaaaa... eeeeeeeevil"

I did try taping one to the front of my M8, and a friend made a moving one for his Canon 350d... might have another go myself... hmmm.

9. Silverhead

Silverhead Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    No, but someone at Freestyle has come up with the reverse of what you're describing:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgaart.php

Look at the "Holgablad" on the bottom row, second from the right...the Holga body with a massive Hassy lens.

10. Ed Sukach

Ed Sukach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Are sure this a Hasslblad lens?? It does not look like one!!!

11. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    More like a .... in shutter, but never the less.... you would not do that with you Hassy !

Peter

12. spongeboy

spongeboy Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Nope...that looks like an Acme/Ilex something or other shutter, probably with a Paragon or similar lens, or some nice vintage Kodak product..principle is the same though...I like the idea of the 6x12 Holga with an LF lens by the way (and off topic). Doesn't have to be 'blad, there is plenty of other glass out there just as good or even better (ok, 38mm Biogon aside perhaps :wink: )....At the same token, there are quite a few cheap lenses ala Holga that would fit a 'blad. Just remember the shutter issues...No big deal come to think of it.....I'm thinking 75mm f1.9 Oscillo-Raptar in shutter....:smile:....They're crazy/weird/crap lenses in good shutters and are usu. as cheap as/cheaper than a Holga....Just glue them onto an old Hasselblad Body-cap that you've reamed out to the right size. Focussing? Claro: Glue a (painted flat black if you must) PVC tube on same and let the lens slide in/out...end of story. Enjoy!

13. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No but if I had added ".. or developing processors" I would actually have saved money instead of buying a CPE2 with lift :rolleyes: GAS strikes in many ways :confused:
    But our shed is almost finished and I can start getting my darkroom arranged.
    Should take care of some of the GAS attacks.
    Best regards