Honeywell Nikor Film Developing Tank question

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by brianentz, Oct 23, 2012.

1. brianentz

brianentz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Looking to pick up a Honeywell Nikor Film Developing Tank but don't know about it. Does this need to be used in a darkroom? My Jobo can be used in a lit room and that's what I'm used to. It looks like it needs a darkroom but I can't tell for sure. Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 4.38.19 PM.png

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Once the film is loaded in complete darkness, the tank can be used in a lit room.

3. chriscrawfordphoto

chriscrawfordphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You load the reels and assemble the tank in the dark, then you can pour chemicals in and out through the small opening at the top with the lights on. If you do not have a darkroom, buy a changing bag. That is a black lightproof bag with elastic armholes. You stick your arms in and load the film with the lights on.

4. brianentz

brianentz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks a bunch. Think ill pick it up

5. Worker 11811

Worker 11811 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use the same brand of tanks. They work very well for me. You should do fine with them.

Here's a hint: Check to be sure the lid(s) fit snug and won't come off, accidentally.
    Every once in a blue moon, mine can come loose. It's mostly because I didn't double check to be sure they were on tight.

I often take a strip of black, vinyl electrical tape and wrap it around the joint between the tank body and the lid. That makes it 100% sure that the lid will stay on.

If they are in good condition, they won't leak very much at all but the tape also ensures that there is no leakage.

Maybe I'm a little OCD about it but, in my view, 5ยข worth of tape is worth the peace of mind it gives.

6. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Those reels are for 120 films. Your profile says you are 35mm shooter. Are you are of the differences? (ie. the spools in picture cannot be used with your 35mm film)

7. brianentz

brianentz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    120 reels

I should update my profile. I do really enjoy playing with my Bronica etrsi as well. and my Yashica 124g