horseman 617

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by pateeid, Jul 10, 2009.

1. pateeid

pateeid Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    i wonder that anybody have experiences with this camera before. :smile:. is it really suitable with 90mm lens?

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wasn't aware that Horseman had a 617. But the 90mm is pretty standard on the Linhoff, Fuji and a few other makes. You also have the option of adding other lenses eg. 180mm, 300mm with their respective lense cones depending on the camera.

I have th Fuji GX617 which I bought with the 90mm. It's a nice format for landscapes with a good field of view. I've added a 180mm to my kit, just because I wanted a bit more reach for some locations where I'm unable to physically move closer. But so far, the 90mm does about 75% of my shots just fine.

If you've got a good link for the Horseman 617, please post it. I'd love to take a look at it as I already own 2 other Horsemans cameras (4x5 L Series and a 45FA).

3. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
  4. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did have a chance to google it a while back. Nice Camera. Looks like I own parts of it already - the viewfinders look exactly like my Fuji GX617's!

5. Venchka

Venchka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Not all 90mm lenses are created equal. Check the image circle of your 90mm lens vs. the 6x17 format.