houston labs

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by t al z, Dec 19, 2008.

1. t al z

t al z Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    wondering if anyone knows any good photo labs in houston. since I will be away from my darkroom, looking for a place that does black and white. also, may need a place that does xpro.

and...if you happen to know any good record shops, live music venues, or other must-dos in houston, feel free to add.

thanks!

2. DaveOttawa

DaveOttawa Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  3. Venchka

Venchka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Houston's a big place. Where are you? The only full service lab that I know of, but haven't used is this one...

http://www.azphoto.com/

They are in the vicinity of Shepard & Washington, near Houston Camera Co-op. Probably the best (maybe the only) place to get film and darkroom supplies.

Good luck.

4. Venchka

Venchka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  5. t al z

t al z Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'll be about 15 minutes from rice university. thanks for the invite venchka! I won't be there until the 26th though :smile: thanks so much for the lab recommendation...according to google maps, it is only 20 mins from where I am staying!

and hi Dave!

6. Venchka

Venchka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Unless you're around the corner, don't believe GOOGLE driving times in Houston. Could be 15 minutes or tomorrow. Ya never know.

7. digitizedchaos

digitizedchaos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Recycling this thread... How about stores that sell film or cameras? Thrift stores where old cameras can be found?

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As listed above, Houston Camera Co-op around Shepard and Washington and Houston Camera Exchange which is near Richmond and Fountainview. Both stores should have websites.

David