How do I know if a 50mm lens will fit my Durst m670 bw?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Helinophoto, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Helinophoto

Helinophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi

I am on the lookout for a 50mm lens for my Durst m670 blacka dn white, but looking at eBay left me no smarter really.

How do I know if the lens will actually fit my enlarger, if the lens is from Nikon or another brand?

Is the lens "mount" som kind of standard on enlargers in general?

I have a 110mm lens on mine now and it works perfectly for 6*6 and 6*7, but not for 35mm negs, the enlargement only goes up to just short of 20cm*30cm.

Need some help on how to get the correct lens, would be a shame to buy something that actually didn't fit =)

2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You need to know what size lensboard you have. Does it accept standard 39mm ltm or 25mm threaded lenses, also is the lensboard threaded or does it require a jamb nut(retaining ring)that screws on from the rear of the board after inserting the lens. I can help you out in either case with a lens, PM me here at Apug if you are interrested.

3. Helinophoto

Helinophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for your answer =)

I think it just screws in there, I can check the dimensions of the current lens when I get home. (bought the enlarger 2-3 weeks ago and I am not very familiar with the lens stuff, past experience has been with 35mm enlargers only....and that was in 1988 =D ).

Kind regards

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's fairly common for enlargers of that size to have a 39mm thread. A lot of lenses have the same thread but they also come with a 25mm thread. In this case, an adaptor ring is used: http://www.photographyattic.com/product-1372

Steve.

5. Trond

Trond Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's most likely 39mm. I have a Vivitar VHE 50mm 2.8 (made by Schneider I think) which you can get for free if you are interested. Where in Norway are you located?

Trond

6. Paul Howell

Paul Howell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You may need a recessed lens board for your 607, my 601 requires a recessed. Do you have the owners manual?

7. Helinophoto

Helinophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No owners manual, the enlarger is as-is from the guy who sold it, unfortunately =)

Trond, the lens I have is 39mm (diameter) across (122mm around), screws in and out, do you think it will fit?
    I live in Oslo ^^

8. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Regardless if it is a 25mm and your lens is larger, just file the hole out n use a jamb nut.

9. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Most probably the lens is going to fit. The 670 we had in the lab had 39 mm lensboards. I think they (the boards) are relatively common. I have never seen a Nikon 50 with anything else than 39 mm thread, but I know some older Schneiders had 25 mm thread.

10. Trond

Trond Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sent you a PM.

Trond

11. Helinophoto

Helinophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, huge thanks to Trond, who gave me such a lens for my enlarger, what a guy! =)