How do I make a Gx680 to EOS adapter?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by AlbertZeroK, Oct 10, 2011.

1. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I know, sounds crazy, but I have a spare Gx680 back with no film cartidge and a dead battery, I'm wondering how hard it would be to turn it into an EOS back for my Gx680.

My first thought would be to use a 4x5 EOS adapter and just merge the back to the adapter. But that's rather a pricey solution just to try something out.

Anyone else got any idea?

2. yurihuta

yurihuta Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. PaulMD

PaulMD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Interesting idea, taking the mount from a back and putting it on an EOS somehow? You may lose infinity focus unless the pentaprism bump is sufficiently out of the way to clear the body.

The question to me is, why? It seems like unless you're into doing shift stuff, you don't really gain that much. The widest you can get 680 stuff is like 50mm, correct? And there's other manual focus telephotos you could get into cheaper? Fuji stuff is pretty rad, but if you want a manual focus telephoto you could probably find a Zeiss Sonnar for Pentacon Six at some length you like. You still get good quality and massive sweet-spot performance, but the adapters are readily available and the lenses are cheap.