How do I remove this JCPENNY lens....

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Lismoreian, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Lismoreian

Lismoreian Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    HELP! I attached a 50mm lens, manufactured by JCPenny!, onto my just purchased Canon AE 1 and now I cant get the damn thing off. The camera came with three lenses all of which went on and came off without a problem. I have dismantled as much of the lens as possible. Had a jeweler attempt removal alas to no success.

2. CanonShot

CanonShot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    First, the JCP lens was an FL or FD mount lens, right. Because that's what will fit on an AE-1.

Second, the FL and old FD mounts are removed by turning the mounting ring counter-clockwise. The newer FD mount has a button that must be depressed before turning the mounting ring counter-clockwise. Look for the lens release button at about the four or five o'clock position on the mounting ring.

3. unclemack

unclemack Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Jewellery makers & repairers are highly-skilled people...but not usually familiar with the repair of photographic equipment.
    An experienced camera repairer will be able to remove the lens without causing further damage.