How Do i Take the Door off A Nikon MB-1

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Johnkpap, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Johnkpap

Johnkpap Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi

I have two nikon MB-1 Batery holders One is Engraved :sad: :-One is missing a door.....It would be nice to make a good one out of the two
    so I have a nice spare for my F2.

The door is held on by a pin, is this just one pin or two :- one top one bottom ?

If it is just one pin it should be possible to knock it out with a fine punch, if it is 2 then I will need to cut the donor MB-1 corner off to remove the door with the pins
    and pull them out.

Has anyone been there ?

Johnkpap

2. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    John I'm not familiar with that pack outside of just seeing a picture but my gut feeling is that you should be able to drive the pin out regardless if it's a solid pin thru or two pins. It's probably just one pin tho. If you drive it in a little it should pop out the other side if a sold pin thru.

3. Johnkpap

Johnkpap Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's done and fixed.....No more Engraved :sad: Mb1 :- gone to parts box heaven:laugh:

It was very easy to remove the door, the hinge pin is built like a watch band, 2 pins and a spring in the centre :smile:

you just poke a fine screwdriver in and ....Pop!! off it comes :smile: that easy.

You just have to love old Nikon gear:D It was designed to be repaired quick....down time was bad for Nikon
    they had real photograpers depending on them back then.

Now it is a case of find the nearest bin .....and buy a new one it can't be fixed:sad:..thats how it is made NOW!!!.

Johnkpap