How long can RVP 50 last in a camera?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by luvmydogs, Sep 8, 2005.

1. luvmydogs

luvmydogs Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've had a roll of this sitting in one of my 35mm cameras since last October. It's only on frame 6, and I'm wondering whether it's still any good. Should I continue to finish the roll or should I just trash the roll? (I don't mean to be wasting a good roll of film...I was shooting last fall, and then I had my son in mid-October, and so haven't had a chance to pick up that camera again until now!)

2. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would expect that any images you take now are likely to be good. Exposed film that is not developed for a year is a different story, so I wouldn't count on the first five exposures being too great.

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It should be a problem, go ahead and finish the roll. Unless you stored it in a really hot place the film should be fine.

4. luvmydogs

luvmydogs Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks! I'll finish the roll.

5. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just finished off a box of Velvia 8x10 this summer that expired in 1993, and it wasn't kept refrigerated, just at room temp (20C) and it was fine. It seems to be remarkably well behaved film.