how many are loaded?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by rhmimac, Dec 23, 2012.

1. rhmimac

rhmimac Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you posses more than 1(one) camera, how many of them are loaded and ready for shooting?

2. Alan W

Alan W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I try not to keep film loaded for a long time in mine,but I do have a holster on my hip with 2 rolls of film in it-100 and 400-at all times!

3. Yashinoff

Yashinoff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Three. 1 Exa, 1 Edixa, and my Zodiac (Diana clone). I usually do not have more than one camera loaded with B/W but I wanted to do some long exposures and I don't have the proper release cable for the Exa... so I had to load the Edixa. The Zodiac has expired slide film in it which I plan on cross processing.

4. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    3 out of 10, the M2, gIII and Hasselblad.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I usally keep my 35mm loaded, but if I go on a 'road' trip I take my RB67.

Jeff

6. Shootar401

Shootar401 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My F5 has a roll of Portra 400 that has 4 exposures from something, I can't remember what. And one back on my RZ67 has some Delta 50 from 2 years ago that has about 2 shots on it. Again, can't remember whats on it.

7. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a small 35mm rangefinder camera in the trunk of each of our two cars. They are both loaded.

All the rest of my cameras are in bags with film at hand, but they aren't currently loaded.

Some times I won't finish a roll, but that is infrequent.

8. ArtO

ArtO Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One with color, one with B&W, one in my truck - a P&S, one in my car - another P&S.

9. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An XA, OM 2S X 2, Hasselblad X 2 and an 8X10 pinhole. All B&W.

10. agnosticnikon

agnosticnikon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I suppose I have too many cameras, which is why right now I have an old Rolleiflex, Nikon F4, Canon EOS1, and 2 Holgas all loaded with B&W film. Only the Rolleiflex hasn't had any exposures made yet. (just bought a duto filter for it and am trying to figure out what I want to try to photograph) Oh yeah, I forgot an Olympus Epic I keep in the car. I can't remember the last time I didn't have any camera with film in it ready to use. Comes from being a camera junkie, I guess.

11. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I mostly shoot large format so for me the question is how many film holders I have loaded. The answer is, it depends. In the winter when I shoot less, just what's left over from autumn, or maybe half a dozen if I'm contemplating a subject. In the spring and summer, most to all of them (46 4x5, 28 8x10).

Mike

12. PentaxBronica

PentaxBronica Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Five. Mostly as those are the ones I've either just bought and am film testing or bought a while ago and have just got around to testing!

13. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, let's see. The Nikonos V is loaded with Fuji 200 C41, waiting for some wet/winter weather; the F3 has a roll of Tri-X loaded; the Olympus Stylus Wide 100 has another roll of Fuji 200; and the Bronica SQ-Ai currently has a roll of Ilford SFX (the other film backs are empty because I've got no other 120 film). So that's four out of seven; the remaining [not loaded] cameras are a Nikonos III, my trusty Yashica Lynx 5000e, and my Yashica 635 TLR that I turned into a pinhole camera. None of my other cameras actually work, or else they are projects that I have not finished (there are quite a few of those!).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  14. Sponsored Ad
  15. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't always have the same, but currently there are 2 35mm loaded, both Holgas are loaded (with expired film), the Hongmei is loaded and in the diaper bag with the light meter, and I have 2 loaded 4x5 holders with the Crown Graphic (only shot 2 sheets the last time it was out). It's possible the Hasselblad has film in it and maybe even the Pentax 645N, but I think I just finished that one last week.
    I do sometimes have to finish a roll in order to put in what I want to shoot, but I frequently get images that way that I really really like.

16. Vilk

Vilk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    'nuff :whistling:

but gotta leave a couple empty to click before bed, no? :laugh:

17. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Single frame 35mm loaded, black & white
    Folding 35mm not loaded
    Widelux is waiting for a CLA and is not loaded
    Two 35mm slrs loaded, one black & white and one color
    Hasselblad backs, therefore effectively the cameras, one black & white and one color
    Two 4"x5" have two sheet holders loading with black & white and color and stored in the refrigerator in zip locked bags

18. fstop

fstop Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    none I don't let my cameras drink.:laugh:

19. thegman

thegman Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Own 5 cameras, 4 are loaded, out of that 5, 2 will be sold soon. Trying to cut back (again).

20. kb3lms

kb3lms Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Most of them.

21. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    35mm? none...not even batteries in any of 'em anymore. I quite shooting 35mm a while after the local lab closed. My darkroom skills are just not good enough to coax a decent print from those tiny negatives.

Medium format is a different story however. I have two medium format cameras and at least one of the two always has film in it. I've always got at least a handful of 4x5 film holders with film in them ready to go too.

22. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't deliberately keep film loaded in my cameras, but there's always a few that a roll in them, waiting for me to finish it off. Currently that would be my F100, two of 4 Holgas, my Horizon 202 (who know how old that film is!), and I think that's it. There usually a roll in one of my 120 backs for my Bronica, but I actually did finish off all the rolls I had loaded on my last trip.

23. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    4 for me.. RZ67 Loaded with Adox Art25 & Pan-F.. 35mm Loaded with FP4 & FP4 @ 400..

24. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hm...
    35mm: N80, Spotmatic-F, XA, and a leaky Welti Weltix
    120: Rolleiflex, GS1, Holga
    4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 holders

All loaded (and they all get used)
    maybe a couple more that have slipped my mind.

I think I have a problem.

25. BradleyK

BradleyK Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In 120, I keep four A12 backs loaded and always ready to go (each is stored double zip-locked in the refrigerator compartment labelled "butter"). Two of the A12s are (currently, until my stash is exhausted) loaded with E100G/VS; two others are always loaded (depending upon the season) with either PanF Plus or FP4 Plus.

In 35mm, I generally have film loaded in at least four or five bodies: My F6 will have E100G; an F5 will have E100VS; an F3HP or an F2 will have Tri-X/HP5 Plus; and one of my M6s will have Tri-X/HP5 Plus while the other will be loaded with PanF Plus.

26. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have two 35mm, and one medium format camera loaded at the moment.