How Many of you Use the Jobo 3062/3 Without Lift?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by RedSun, Jun 15, 2014.

1. RedSun

RedSun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Since the Jobo 3062 and 3063 come with the cog lid, I assume Jobo considers it basic to use them with the lift. I just wonder how many folks install the magnet to use them without lift.

I'm not a big fan of the lift. The 3063 is the largest drum and it does put on some weight on the lift. So I just wonder if it put on so much stress on the lift.

2. BMbikerider

BMbikerider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have used a Jobo without a lift ever since I first got one back in1990. It is no great problem in fact I think it may be a bit quicker. All that is necessary is having a sink or basin to empty chemicals or rinse water close at hand. Yes I have a had a few failures, but non due to lack of a lift device.

3. RedSun

RedSun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use the CPE2 more often than the CPA/CPP, and I prefer the magnet better than the lift. Mainly due to easy control and to some extend to the chemical re-use. To me, it is hard to re-use the chemicals when you run the chemicals through the lift.

Of course, you'll need enough clearance for the lift+3063, and the place to dump the chemicals....

4. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Far less than the weight a 3004 or 3005 puts on the Lift, because the 3063 is just a hollow shell.

I use the Lift handle only to pull the drum off the motor coupler. Then I grab the cradle underneath the drum and use that to lift the drum the rest of the way for emptying. Yes, my hand gets wet.

5. RedSun

RedSun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I'm always afraid of removing tank/drum off the lift because of the stress on the white lift clips.

Yes, 3063 is not that heavy, but just huge. A fully loaded 25xx film tank with several 2502 reels can weight a ton.