How much did you shoot today???

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by PHOTOTONE, Mar 12, 2007.

1. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I shot 40 sheets 4x5 b/w, 3 rolls slides and 3 rolls 35mm b/w. Processed the 4x5. This was for a non-commercial bridge photography project I am working on.

2. jnash67

jnash67 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I shot about 2 1/2 rolls up testing a couple of lenses while watching the kids enjoy the warm weather...

3. Amund

Amund Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One roll of 35mm Provia 100 and three sheets of 4x5 Fomapan 200..
    Subject: some macros shots of roses...

4. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sorry, Monday drags me into the office and away from the camera.

Shot about half a roll (mixed b/w two cameras) on Sunday. Lousy upstate NY weather and chores did me in on Saturday.

Oh, to be a pro or a member of the leisure classes! :sad:

5. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i think i shot 2 frames in the pen F, but i printed a whole roll of film.

6. Scott Peters

Scott Peters Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    11 7 x 17 negs - busy day at the Robson Mine.

7. CPorter

CPorter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Sunday I shot one 120 roll of Plus-X while walking through the woods at a local state park. I've started doing a series on decay in nature.

Chuck

8. ssp65

ssp65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I really don't mean to offend you but this is a rubbish question that is more typical of photo.net and other forums frequented by people who have nothing significant to say. This is a good forum visited by many people who are dedicated and serious about their photography and have valueable contributions to make. Forums like APUG are rare, if you don't have a serious question to ask, please don't post rubbish.

I know I have probably offended you (really not my intention) but the internet is full of this sort of stuff. APUG is a breath of fresh air and i would hate to see it go the way of so many other forums.

Steve

9. Anupam Basu

Anupam Basu Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, people are really shooting fast. Even on my good days, when I am out with my 35mm macro rig, I rarely end up with more than 10 frames. With LF 3-5 is awesome.

Today I shot one frame - a pinhole.

10. chrisofwlp

chrisofwlp Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    My lens has been at Tempe Camera Repair for a week and a half. Until I get it back I wont be shooting anything.

Christopher Breitenstein

11. CPorter

CPorter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, if you are on APUG, chances are you are very serious about your photography. But come on, man. There's nothing wrong with this post. If anything, it maybe needs to be in one of the more casual forums, maybe not; either way, it is left up to the moderator of the forum to make that decision. These kinds of things are just a way for some people to see what others are up to. I liked it.

Chuck

12. haryanto

haryanto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    For 2-3 days trip photo, I shots about 20-30 sheet 4x5

13. film_guy

film_guy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Shot about 2 to 3 exposures with my EOS 3 and HP5+. Taking my sweet time and enjoying every frame.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. boyooso

boyooso Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I printed :

1 24x30
    4 8x10's
    2 20 24's
    1 11x14

does that count?

16. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Working on a writing deadline today, so no shooting, but I did shoot a dozen sheets of 4x5" family portraits yesterday, or rather I shot 9 and I showed my sister the basics of operating the 4x5" camera, and she shot 3 so I could be in the picture occasionally. She's an animator by profession with an art degree, working mostly with digital graphics, and she does some digital photography, so she had a lot of fun playing with the 4x5".

17. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, we could be talking about:
    "What is the last lens you brought?",
    "How many cameras do you have?",
    "Do you have GAS?",
    "What was the first camera you brought and how old were you?"
    "What is your LATEST 35mm purchase ...?"
    "How is your pet peeve?"
    and other lame subjects submitted by people with too much time on their hands. Shouldn't they be out taking photographs rather than wasting bandwidth? :confused: :confused:

Another Steve

18. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No shooting for me this past weekend; the weekend before that I shot a roll of Scala at the beach. This is the best time to head for the shores in Jersey - not very cold, and you can have the entire beach to yourself! :smile: In summer, I don't even go near the shore towns.

19. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I read the original question as one of the quantity-over-quality posts that crop up (too often), along similar lines to "I've got eight billion rolls of Ilfdak FP-X in my freezer". I couldn't care less how much or how many of something somebody's got or done. What's really important at the end of the day is whether anything worth having was produced.

Steve

PS - Why do we sat "couldn't care less" in UK whilst the expression seems to be "could care less" in the US?

20. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I'm giving the photon's a break today. Storing them up for the weekend. But with the 11X14 it only takes me 5.2 sheets to burn as many silver halides as your 40.

21. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I gave my new-to-me Century Master studio camera a workout over the weekend, and put about 20 sheets of 5x7 through it for a portrait project I'm working on. Once I can get some of the film souped, I'll be posting the results.

22. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I took my new to me Wehman 8x10 out and shot 4 frames with it. I only have one lens board that is cut to a usable size at the moment and am waiting for others.

23. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    About 15 technical shots for illustrations on www.rogerandfrances.com. Depth-of-field scales, how to load a Leica, that sort of thing. Hence taking a break on APUG. I've done nothing much 'creative' for a few weeks, but then, I always work in stits and farts: I can easily shoot 1000 pictures in 3 weeks (35mm and MF) if I'm somewhere visually interesting and new, with a good reason to shoot.

Cheers,

R.

24. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    zip,

camera all set up where it looks nice and I can look through it as the urge arises....crank it up, tilt it, swing it, slap a different lens on it...at any moment for any unexplainable reason...my compulsive side takes over and I might just burn two or three boxes or a complete brick of film in a very short amout of time....or head out into the desert in the early morning hours or the streets of sin city in the wee small hours and shoot a lot..... or come home after not exposing a single frame or sheet...no rhyme nor reason....it is really nice...and it is the way it ought to be and is...it is my camera, I am not its photographer....it is a good life indeed. I will however, be tending to my homing pigeons...

25. phaedrus

phaedrus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    2 sheets of 4x5 black&white film and 5 takes with the DSLR of the same subject, a backlit garden shed and environs scene with a high dynamic range. Now, will one of the negatives or a HDR be better at capturing the ...

... mood?

26. rore

rore Member

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    3 rolls of fp4 on the xf35