How to be a Photographer in Four Lessons!

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Trask, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  2. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's rather brilliant. I particularly like the "conceptual photographer" sequence.

The David Chancellor "Hunters" series, linked below the "wildlife photographer" bit, is interesting too. It's highly documentary and I'm not sure it all holds up well on artistic criteria, but you can't fault it for clarity of message. (It's also potentially pretty squicky stuff if you don't like seeing death up close.)

-NT

3. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  4. bsdunek

bsdunek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Really funny! Even funnier are some of the comments. Some don't seem to realize it's supposed to be humorous, not really a guide. Thanks for sharing.

5. momus

momus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Funny stuff, and on CNN no less! Maybe that's the funniest thing. The comments are sorta sad, as I also noticed that it seems to have gone over, or under, people's heads. I'd bet my last nickle that many people who read this, including the "emerging photographers", think it's on the level.

6. Dr Croubie

Dr Croubie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beard, check.
    Vinyl listening, check.
    Shooting expired film on a Soviet camera, check (well, what else am I going to do on a Long Weekend?)
    Top shirt-button undone, check (although, to be fair, I've got so much damn chest-hair that it's hard to do up that top button).
    Total mystery of my next 'project', check (so mysterious, in fact, that noone will ever notice if I do or don't complete it).

Contemporary me up.

7. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What about a cowboy hat?