How to take off lens from Durst SIRIOTUB panel

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by sperera, May 5, 2009.

1. sperera

sperera Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    how remove lens off Durst SIRIOTUB panel - back like key for 'the book of the dead'

I bought an 80mm 5.6 Schneider Componon to breathe life into an old Durst M605 enlarger.....ok....so I wanan take out the 50mm Schneider Componar-C 3.5 lens currently attached to the SIRIOTUB lens panel.....HOW DO I DO IT....nothing seems to budge....doesnt look like it unscrews....the 80mm screws into something judging by the thread.....HELP!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It should just screw into the lens board, but sometimes there's an adapter to fit a Componon into a 39mm board. Sounds like the threads are binding.

Ian

3. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It could be just a bit of corrosion on the threads. CAREFULLY place some penetrating oil around the threads of the lensboard, and let set a few hours.
    Rick

4. sperera

sperera Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    where exactly...the back of it looks like one of those locks in the film 'The Mummy' to open 'the book of the dead'!!!! hahaha

5. sperera

sperera Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    TA-DAAA.....DONE....WD-40 and it came off 1 min later....the new lens screwed in perfectly.....ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH.....