HYDROQUIONE

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Bruce Osgood, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm about to replenish my supply of Hydroquione purchased from Photographers Formulatry. To purchase it locally I can shop at Adorama but they list Photographers Formulary Hydroquione as Residual Hydroquione. I cannot find Residual Hydroquione at the Photographers Formulary site and wonder if I may be getting something I need to adjust my formulae for?

What is the difference between Residual Hydroquione and Hydroquione?

Are adjustments in usage necessary?

Any idea which way? How much?

2. Jorge Oliveira

Jorge Oliveira Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Honest, it's the first time I've heard about residual hydroquinone - in 33 yrs.

Jorge O

3. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its the first I've hear of it as well. Perhaps its a process term in the way its made. There may be a way that they process hydorquinone directly and another way in which it is a by-product of a different reaction, and thereby gets the term 'residual'. Just speculation though....

4. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I went into Adorama and searched Hi and Low for "Residual" Hydroquione and could only find Hydroquione.

I had a printout of their web page showing "Residual" and the clerk said "I have no idea what residual hydroquione is. We only sell plain hydroquione."

Okay, back to the real world.