I did IT!

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by ronlamarsh, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ronlamarsh

ronlamarsh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I successfully transplanted a xenar lens(excellent condition)from a doa rolleicord I got on ........ to my mint rolleicord that had a less than perfect triotar. Just got back from Alaska and the negatives look fabulous!

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can I have the Triotar :D

Is the focus register right ? I had a Rolleicord II with a Triotar it was an interesting lens, but the Xenar will be much better, but I took some excellent transparencies with the Triotar, I think on E4 film :smile:

Ian

3. ronlamarsh

ronlamarsh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Let me know where to send it to and I'll be happy to give it to you, it does have a very slight scuff on the rear element.

4. ronlamarsh

ronlamarsh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did IT

I took a piece of ground glass and put it on the image plane then checked the focus with a 7X loupe then made a slight adjustment to the viewing lens. Near as I can tell from my negatives its great and the image quality I find to be more to my liking i.e. its more in line with my rolleiflex 3.5T.

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ron,

Have you ever done transplants before?

I transplanted 65mm, 80mm and 250mm lenses on a Mamiya C330. Does that count!

Steve