I have a problem with my zorki 1 can anyone help me?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by nzeeman, Oct 19, 2005.

1. nzeeman

nzeeman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    my zorki 1 works just fine on 1/500 and 1/200 but on 1/100 he make strange pictures- left side of photo is bright and to the right it gets darker and darker.

anyone know whats happening and how to fix it??
    thanks in advance

2. David H. Bebbington

David H. Bebbington Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The name for this problem is "tapering" - what is happening is that the shutter is not uncapping (the slit is not opening) fully until the shutter has traveled part-way across the picture. There are plenty of repairmen who can fix this, just make sure they are familiar with Leica-type shutters. If you tell us where you are, probably some APUG member will know a repairman not too far away.

Regards,

David

3. nzeeman

nzeeman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am from serbia so probably u dont know any reairman here. :sad:
    And here all repairmen are to expensive for me since i have very little money.
    ill try to do it by myself if anyone tell me how. if not i will avoid that speed :smile:
    thanks a lot

4. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. rduraoc

rduraoc Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You have to adjust the tension of the springs of the shutter. If you open the bottom part of the camera you'll see two star shaped nuts. Those are the ones. Thinking about your description, if the right side of the foto is darker, and as the image is made inversed, it means that the left side of the negative (in the camera) is getting less light. This means that the 2nd shutter curtain is too fast, or that the first one is too slow. Search the internet, there are many good sites that explain how to adjust curtain tension with pictures. Also, yahoo groups zenitcamera and beststuff group russiancamera can be of help.
    Have a look at these:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/zenrep/ztension.html
    http://jay.fedka.com/

6. nzeeman

nzeeman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    you are great. i was asking myself if i should use those screws but i couldnt find out which curtain to make fast or slow.
    thanks a lot