I just flushed my Anti-Depressants !

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by SteveH, Mar 29, 2006.

1. SteveH

SteveH Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    All,
    Today there was a rather large box at my door (14"x14"x14"). I opened it - lo and behold the shining radiance of NEW Agfa 'Photo' Rodinal :D. The box looks basically the same as before, wtih the addition of 'Photo' after 'Agfa', and no more red diamond :sad: . Beyond that, the instructions are pretty standard, and the developer has the same color, viscosity, smell, etc. Im not sure about the same taste though; any volunteers ?
    Freestyle sure does know how to package something. This package could have fallen out of the sky (as FedEx items have a habit of doing around here in the last couple of days...), and the contents would have been fine.

Cheers !

2. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Luckily, you weren't one of the suckers buying a 500ml bottle on ebay for $50.

3. CRhymer

CRhymer Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Hi Steve,

I'm not sure this is a post Agfa collapse product - although I know you are not actually saying that. I bought some in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in January in the new style package (incidentally for $14.87 CDN for 500ml) which the store had received some time before. The product shipped by JandC from their special order last November/December which shipped to me February 15th (slightly more expensive) had some of each style box. I'm not sure if any A&O produced product is in the stream yet, or if this is still old (though not that old) Agfa stock.

Probably of only academic interest.

Cheers,
    Clarence

4. SteveH

SteveH Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I don't know...I am not sure that Agfa would produce chemicals until the very last day of operation. In other words, Im sure that they stopped mixing way before the 'end', and what they had in storage went out with the last of their bottles/boxes, etc. Then again, who knows ?

-Steve

5. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a case from Freestyle just before all of the "it's all gone, I'll just kill myself" days. If the new stuff tastes like chicken then it's the same as the old. It goes with a nice white wine by the way. When it came it was like a present from the Gods.

6. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Rodinal Lovers,

As far as I know, A&O are continuing to manufacture the mono chemicals from the AGFA Photo range, so it looks like your beloved Rodinal is safe.

Regards

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

7. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just flushed my antidepressants...

Same here, now listed at Silverprint. I'll be making an order tomorrow!