I need storage help!

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by wogster, Aug 1, 2009.

1. wogster

wogster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I usually use plastic negative sheets to store films, just noticed I am out. What can I store these negatives in until I can get to the shop to get more sheets?

2. trexx

trexx Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Parchment paper, all my dad ever used. Use a piece about 4 inches and fold roughly in thirds with the center section the width of a negative, 36mm.

3. wogster

wogster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thinking this might be an idea for some of the older negatives in the collection, and then reuse some of the negative pages I already have. Some of the negatives go back over 30 years, and the chances that I will want to take them out and print them is pretty remote, especially some of the colour ones that are no longer printable, heck some of them are not really scanable either.....

4. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hate to say this but I use standard business envelopes. No, they are not archival; but I have some negatives stored this way for quite a number of years and they are still in very good condition. Certainly for short term storage until you get a fresh supply of negatives sheets, these will suffice.

5. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Acid free sketchbook paper always worked for me as a short term solution

6. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I also use standard business envelopes. As far as I can tell there has never been a problem with any of the negatives stored this way for many years.