I really need to get some self control...

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by bobfowler, Nov 3, 2005.

1. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just bought a motor drive for my Bronica SQ-Ai. It runs at a BLISTERING speed of .7 FPS! Yes, that's not a typo, point seven frames per second...

There was a method to my madness. Some SQ-Ai bodies (mine included) seem to develop a malady where the spring contacts in the battery compartment don't make very good contact when the camera isn't held level. Mine decided that if I pointed up more than about 15 degrees, the camera wasn't going to work. The "repair" would have cost as much as a used motor drive, and I'd still have to use 4 76 size button cells. The motor uses 6 "AA" cells and powers everything... it was a no-brainer.

Now if I can control the urge to get a 250mm...

2. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Its not a motor drive...its a battery pack with additional feature content! :wink:

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This sounds familar. I got a motor because Bronica's local distributor wanted almost $50 for a wind crank. Plus the winder really does balance the thing out nicely.

4. sajianphotos

sajianphotos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hang in there, Bob. You can do it. If you can keep from zipping through a roll of 120 in (let's see 12 times .7 is equal to ???..?) well around 8 seconds then you oughta be safe.