I received free cameras

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by one90guy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. one90guy

one90guy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Few days ago met a gentleman about my age at a gun shop. As I was leaving he asked me if I made a trade, he was a gun collector. I told him I was know to collect old film cameras, he said he also had cameras from years back. He mentioned a few brands, asked if I would like to see them. To make a long story short he called me today said he had a box and to met him up by where I live. In the box Rolleicord lll, leather case, and original lens cap. Also a Yashica A, case is shot, camera never had but a few rolls run in it, a Rollei E110, and two 8mm movie cameras. One is a Kodak and the other is a Bell and Howell with cases.
    Then he tells me a he has filters for the Rolleicord and a Kodak Retina lll and as soon as he can find them he will give me a call. This is a story you always hear but it came true for me:D

I will smilinging while I sleep tonight.

2. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You'll Still Be Smiling In 2112 !

Ron

3. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm still waiting to find a Leica with mounted Noctilux at a garage sale priced under $20. No luck so far. :sad:

4. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i had a lady in town call me at work with a camera she wanted to give me, it was a leica IIIF with several lenses, a case, other junque -- camera was mint, had gotten film jammed in it first use and set aside.

she wanted to give it to me.

goddamn conscience. I forced $400 on her.

5. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Karma is real. Don't fret it.

6. MARKNABIA

MARKNABIA Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll still get it free but I'll give her 30x40 inches print...How about that?:wink:

7. okto

okto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nice! If you don't want the E110, I'm in Houston and I've got some 110 film stashed that I've been looking for a camera for...:tongue:

8. one90guy

one90guy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    okto send me a pm.

9. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    summicron, you are a diamond geezer.

10. Ric Trexell

Ric Trexell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I heard once about a guy getting a Polaroid...

I read a post once (maybe it was on here) about a guy that was given a Polaroid 180 or 195 from an old woman that said her husband had it and after he died she didn't have any use for it. The guy gave her $10 or $20 just so he didn't feel so bad. I suppose if a person went to garage sales and just asked if they had any old cameras they might run back in the house and get that old Rollei that grampa had. It is worth a try. I wrote on here once about a time I was at my sisters and we went downtown and the local newpaper had a display of cameras in the window. All were cheap plastic junk except they had a Mamiya TLR. I had to be the villiage idiot and tell them that was worth something. I probably could have bought it for a song but I had to open my mouth and blow it. I'm hoping it is still there someday and they will let me have it for next to nothing. However, villiage idiots usually don't get a second chance. Ric.

11. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Cool story. Those E110's are nice little cameras.

But at least they'll have a clean conscience. If some old lady was selling a box full of Leicas or something I'd have to tell her. I couldn't live with myself.

I did buy a Bronica SQA kit off craigslist for a hundred bucks and sold it on ebay for more than three times that amount but I have no problem taking advantage of people who know how much their stuff is worth.

12. bushpig

bushpig Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That sounds like the same thing. That hypothetical old lady clearly doesn't know what her stuff is worth.