I should have invested in Polaroid

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by BrianPhotog, Jun 28, 2009.

1. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They are not good for hoarding. Tend to dry out. (At least their integral films.)

3. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They have a pretty decent shelf life in the fridge. Just don't freeze 'em.

4. Andy K

Andy K Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
  5. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Who's the manufacturer? I'm assuming they have the rights to the nameplate, at least for that model camera.

6. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    [​IMG]
    According to the poster, this polaroid stockpile is 5 double packs deep. Seems to me like they should be in the fridge.

7. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes, but you can't be a show off if they are hidden in the fridge. LOL

Hmm...no 665, though. I think 665 (b&w pos/neg) was discontinued a year or so before 664 (color pos/neg).

8. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Considering that those packs must at least be 2 years old or more, I guess the must make great "display-only" items...or paperweights. LOL

9. E76

E76 Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    664 was 100 ASA B&W, positive only. The 690 on that shelf, however, is 100 ASA color, positive only. To my knowledge Polaroid never made a pos/neg color material.

Anyway, I too have amassed a large stash of Polaroid film (mostly 600 and 779)—something I wish I did with Kodachrome! Most of it were purchased when in it was in production, at only $10 per pack! Now I think the value of it has practically tripled, but I'm still not selling. I bought that film to make photographs, not a profit! All the packs are expired by now, but so far every single one I've used from the stash has worked just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  10. BrianPhotog

BrianPhotog Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought the pack of 665 with an "unspecified future project" in mind and would have held on to it except to the fact that I no longer have anything to use it with. I ended up trading it for something photographically-useful to me and not for a "profit", so I feel it worked out fairly.

I just got a kick out of the way the "value" of Polaroid film has grown in relation to the economy-at-large. :smile:

I wish I had more Kodachrome, too...I only have one roll of Kodachrome 200 in the freezer. I usually buy film to finish but somehow this one roll escaped me.