I think I need to get out more

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by digiconvert, Apr 20, 2009.

1. digiconvert

digiconvert Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Out in the spring sunshine yesterday and saw the tell tale sign of bored spouse and daughter standing behind a chap looking down into a waist level viewfinder. Now given that I was at least 50 yards/metres away it is slightly sad that I shouted ;Hassy or Bronnie' and got the response 'SQ with transparencies'. I could spot it was a Bronnie from that distance :-(

Nice to see another MF shooter though - turned out it was the first roll after a test roll and he was loving it - not sure about his companions though , I think my wife knew how they felt.:D

2. naeroscatu

naeroscatu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I beat the grass this year:D I was out shooting just after the snow melted.

3. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was up in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park last week looking for pictures, as I drove by a turn out I saw a guy standing behind his tripod and there on top was a Bronica. His wife was sitting in the car waiting. I didn't stop as there was no room for another vehicle but it was nice to see.
    I've stopped dragging my family along when I'm out shooting and other than grabbing one of my 35mm cameras when we go for drives I don't plan on shooting when we're out. Having people along just interferes with my thoughts and makes me feel like I need to hurry.

4. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    My husband doesn't go out with me when I'm shooting. He doesn't understand why I shoot b/w when the world is in color.

5. panastasia

panastasia Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    They wonder why you don't just point and shoot like everyone else. I know the feeling.

I usually go out alone, or sometimes bring only my grandchildren who don't bother me. They know I'm doing something serious when they see the big camera, and we're usually at some nice place where they'd rather be running around instead of watching me. I also like to put them in some of the shots. I'm ready to go.

6. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The world is in color!! :surprised: Now somebody tells me! :wink:

gene

7. frank

frank Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

The world is right side up and not laterally reversed? Now somebody tells me! :wink: