I was due for a bone head move

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Focus No. 9, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Focus No. 9

Focus No. 9 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bid on a camera. I did my research, I was somewhat impressed. I bid until I hit the reserve price. Thinking the combo was worth it. I was so "focused" on the picture with lens that i didn't read the Q&A. Yep, the lens is crap.
    I wrote the seller and told him I messed up...but for him/her to really enjoy the money(screw over).

new seller, low start price, high reserve, picture of camera with lens. only is Q&A does he/she say body only and lens is faulty.

I think I'm cured of my CBA.

2. wblynch

wblynch Member

Shooter:
    127 Format
    You are not alone....

3. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Been there, done that. G.A.S. attacks can certainly render one bereft of objective logic.

4. Robert Kerwin

Robert Kerwin Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well, shame on the seller for not stating the condition clearly in the item description and for posting a misleading photo.

Sorry to hear this, I certainly feel your pain. I've been taken a couple times myself. Is the body functional? Can you find another lens? Hopefully, you can salvage the situation and get a functional kit out of the whole mess...