I was on the radio this week!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by munz6869, Dec 16, 2011.

1. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    On Wednesday, I was interviewed on 'Radio Valerie' (www.radiovalerie.org) about photography, and.. terrible self publicist I am, neglected to really publicise this outside of telling my mum to listen. So, for the benefit of the 6.8 billion people who didn't tune in to hear me :whistling:, thankfully they've archived the show here: http://www.mixcloud.com/radiovalerie/lets-art-with-camila-galaz-episode-13-december-14th-2011/ - if you have an hour up your sleeves - have a listen to my rantings! I chat about my own photography and techniques for photographing art!!

Marc!

2. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Erm, was it an oversight or accident somehow Marc that I missed hearing your gentlemanly discourse??
    An HOUR of you talking? Oh dear. Well, nothing much on the box tonight so I might as well tune in with my popcorn and read the transcript, assuming that's what you are referring to in the link?

What / who's art do you photograph?

3. mesh

mesh Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'm about 20 minutes into it... very interesting! Great interview. Thanks Marc.

4. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Mesh!!!

Gary: I have a few artist-friends whose work I photograph regularly, and then I get quite a bit of ad hoc work through friends and friends of friends, and random folks I bump into at (actual) work - where I've also photographed a fair bit of art (there's a gallery there) for publicity stuff and so on... I'm getting to the point where I consistently like the results, which I suppose must mean I do a fair job now, or I just have no taste at all :smile:

Marc!

5. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations, Marc! :D I've bookmarked your link and will try to find someone with one of those whizz-bang broadband thingies so I can have a listen.

6. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Molli!!

Marc!

7. Wyno

Wyno Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Congratulations Marc. Maybe you'll be on TV next, with the 4x5, saying how it's the "next big thing".
    Mike

8. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ha! I'll work on that...!

Marc!

9. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Two and a half months later, I finally have a decent internet connection which enabled me to listen to your discourse, Marc. Very informative and articulate, I thought :smile:
    Wyno was right, television should definitely be in your future because pictures would've added immensely to the documentary-style feel to the interview. For an utter novice such as myself, I found what you were saying both interesting and useful and it came very close to being a tutorial.... so, yes, images of your process with lighting would have helped even more.
    I also would have liked to have seen that panorama from the Bernese Alps; but I guess for that I should have got myself off my lazy butt and gone for a look-see at the Collingwood gallery, yes?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I did go and have a listen as promised and I thought it was a really good interview.

(By the way, I didn't mean to imply back there that it would NOT have been interesting and useful if one is NOT a novice such as myself :tongue: !)

10. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    (Computer glitch - double post)

11. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  12. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow!

I know, an incredibly lame response but, seriously, wow! I think you most definitely captured that awesomeness you were after. Now if only I had another 10 metres of monitor real estate to really step back and admire it. That is simply extraordinary.

On the latter point, as someone sitting here with a 3g internet dongle attached to an extension cable and threaded through a tin-foil-wrapped-margarine-container-cum-parabolic-dish pointed out the window in attempt to get a proper internet connection, I am growing more and more fond of the analogue world!

Superb image, Marc. Thank you for the link.