Ideas on how to flatten a print

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by mark, Mar 15, 2005.

1. mark

mark Member

I don't know if it is the dry atmosphere or the paper itself but I cannot get my POP prints to flatten. No matter how I dry the prints on a screen or hanging with weights the darn things curl. I have had a print under 30 thick sixth grade science books for over a month and it is still just as curley. I don't have a heat press. HELP?

2. Nige

Nige Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    try your household iron. Medium heat, no steam and use a test print! Once flat and still hot, wack it back under that stack of books (maybe not that many!) to cool... Works for FB paper anyway... (I now have a drymount press to flatten prints)

3. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    After ironing it, and placing it back in the book, as they say, SIT ON IT. Beans for dinner before taking a seat is optional.:wink:

4. FrankB

FrankB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Best tip I've heard is from our Les; squeegee front and back and leave to air-dry face down. Then stick it under a few books for a day or two.

Works for me!

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Dry mount press. If you just use it for flattening prints like I do, you can get a small one, which doesn't have to be too expensive or space consumptive. I just leave it in the press between two sheets of mat board for a few minutes on medium heat, often with the press closed but not clamped down, then allow to cool between two clean sheets of mat board (cool sheets, not the ones in the press) under some books. This works.

6. mark

mark Member

I want to flatten it not burn a hole in it.