Ilfochrome Classic Show in London

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Bob Carnie, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hi there folks in UK

I would like to announce an upcoming show in London, that Elevator printed and framed for one of our clients, Philip Jessup.
    This show is called Secret Hollows and is showing at Canada House on Trafalger Square. Philip is documenting the remains of wilderness in several large cities. In the city of Toronto, Canada, goverment deconstructed its extensive ravine system, reating corridors for cars, trains, electricity and storm water so neighborhoods could grow. Considerable damage was done. However , erosion and woodland regrowth in the ravines are now reconstructing the natural landscape, sometimes with human aid.The result is an evolving truce between urbanization and wilderness, a story featured by Canadian Geographic in its May/June 2005 issue.

CANADA HOUSE
    July 20 - September 13, 2006 Trafalgar Square, London, UK.
    Sponsored by the Canadian High Commission in London and Ilford.

2. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Bob, for the heads up. I wish I could attend, but knowing the quality of work you do, I'll bet it will be a great show.

3. markbb

markbb Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Any one fancying meeting up to go to this?

4. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hmmm, London in late summer....sounds like a delicious show Bob. Thanks for the invite.