Ilford Discountinued Papers and Film

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by tomtom, Dec 11, 2004.

1. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i just wanted to let you guys know ilford has discontinued postcard paper. we placed an order with ilford this week and the order confirmation came back with the postcrard paper (both glossy and pearl) crossed out and marked discontinued. so not only is it discontinued, ilford is out. Galerie MATTE ONLY (.5K) is discontinued too. SFX 200 in all formats has been dicontinued as well.

i'll post info as i get it either from ilford or crossed out products from our order confirmations.

tomtom
    :sad:

2. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can confirm Glossy postcard: tried to order some for myself last week and was told by Silverprint(.co.uk) that it was discontinued. They are sending Pearl, but I did not know if that is just old stock or new. From what you say, looks like it is indeed existing stock - get it while you can....

Did they say if this was a permanent situation? It may just be hiccups while things are sorted out at Ilford ("The Photographer's Guide To Clutching At Straws" is one of my favourite reads at the moment....).

Ho hum...

Bob.

3. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi bob. i just read les' post and was surprised the ilford uk said nothing was being discountinued. it could be a usa/uk thing. i asked les if he'd be so kind as to look into it. i don't think it is a long backorder from the uk because we waited about 3+ months for the 6x6 multigrade printing filter to come in and they did. monday i'm going to call our rep and see if she can shed some light on things.

tomtom

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shay she lives in the next town over from me. BTW save al the boxes of postcard stock I will be in soon and get it.

5. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :surprised: now aggie ...

tomtom

6. MSchuler

MSchuler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So I guess that buying a 135mm enlarging lens so that I could print more easily on very small pieces of paper (specifically postcard paper) was a bad idea. Probably as bad an idea as using my postcard paper for test strips...

7. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll be there on Wednesday

8. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i'm working that day so i'll see ya then :smile:
    tomtom

9. gbroadbridge

gbroadbridge Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Could you clarify what you mean by postcard size? 3.5x5.5 inch?

10. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi gbroadbridge - ilford makes a 4x6 inch paper with pre-printed postcard backing.
    tomtom

11. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've got about half of a 100 card box of Ilford postcard paper that any of you is welcome to have. Just tell me where to send it.

12. Melisa Taylor

Melisa Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you still have it? I would love to have it if you are still getting rid of it. Let me know, I can pay for shipping if need be. :smile: