ILFORD Photo ' Back To School' Offers :

Discussion in '[Partner] ILFORD PHOTO' started by Simon R Galley, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just a quick note to let you know of the ILFORD Photo 'back to school' offers that are now appearing on the shelves in the USA & Canada : Obviously these are primarily aimed at the student market but I thought apuggers should know. Multigrade below is RC Multigrade IV

100 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8" ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 3 HP5+ 135-36 FREE OF CHARGE

50 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8 " ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 6" x 6" Multigrade Filter Pack : SPECIAL VALUE OFFER

25 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8" ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 2 HP5+ 135-36 : SPECIAL VALUE OFFER

25 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8" ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 15 Sheets FREE OF CHARGE ( Making a 40 sheet pack )

Whilst 'back to school' is very much US / Canada based, we have not forgotten our other very important markets :

UK & Australia / New Zealand :

100 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8" ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 20 sheets FREE OF CHARGE ( Making a 120 sheet box )

25 Sheets Multigrade 10" x 8" ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 10 sheets FREE OF CHARGE ( Making a 35 sheet pack )

Europe
    ______

100 Sheets Multigrade 17.8 x 24 cm ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 20 sheets FREE OF CHARGE ( Making a 120 sheet box )

25 Sheets Multigrade 17.8 x 24 cm ( Gloss or Pearl ) + 10 sheets FREE OF CHARGE ( Making a 35 sheet pack )

Kind Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

2. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I actually just bought one of the 50 sheets of multigrade with the 6x6 filters! Heck of a good deal!! :D

Thanks, Simon! :smile:

3. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Hi Simon,
    Now I wish you would run a special offer on 11 x 14 MG WT FB in 500 packs especially for old codgers!!:D I just love this stuff..Evan Clarke

4. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nice one Simon. Is there a particular reason why Satin isn't included? It's the same price as Glossy and Pearl normally. Maybe its not as popular with students or indeed the general public and if so maybe the economics of preparing 120 sheet boxes can't be justified under the special offer.

Just curious. MGIV nowadays seldom if ever seems to be beaten on price, making good value even better.

pentaxuser

5. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Pentaxuser,

You are quite correct in your assumption that Satin surface sales are low compared to Gloss and Pearl, therefore promo packs are not justified.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

6. philldresser

philldresser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Simon

How do we get hold of these promotional packs?

Phill

7. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Phill,

Silverprint seem to be advertising the promotional packs on their website.

www.silverprint.co.uk

Tom.

8. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Simon. Concise and logical but that's nothing compared to its REAL value as a response which is RESPONDING TO A CUSTOMER'S QUERY.

I wonder if there might just be a correlation between that and repeat business. Nah, can't be. A lot of other companies don't think so. I wonder where they all went?

regards

pentaxuser

9. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just did some interesting figures regarding 8x10" MGIV RC paper in this country.

I have often bought the 250 sheet packs as they were the cheapest way to buy this product. Worked out at $1.04 a sheet.

However after finding the 120 sheets in the 100 sheet promotional packs that became the cheapest. Worked out at $0.98 a sheet.

Now I see that there are 25 sheet packets with an extra 10 sheets, purchasing 4 packets and ending up with 140 sheets, the cost will be $0.91 a sheet.

This is obviously the way to go, pity it isn't as very well known about in stores. I'll be in my local store on Saturday morning, I will enquire, and/or place an order for when they do come in.

I need about 500 sheets so 15 packets will be a nice round figure. Also, the students I have, will be able to afford more easily, these smaller packets which is good, but not the greatest at storing, which is what used 100 sheet boxes are perfect for!

Mick.

10. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Mick,

The 25's ( 35's ) are obviously designed for students, I know we shipped lots to Australia.

Thanks for buying and valuing ILFORD Photo products

Simon.

11. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Value Packs in Canada

If you're looking for the Value Packs in Canada I have them posted on my website. These are the prices.

Student Value Packs
    Multigrade 8x10 100 sheets glossy/matt plus 3 Free HP5 $68.64
    Multigrade 8x10 50 sheets with 6x6" Filter pack $57.55
    Multigrade 8x10 25 sheets plus 15 free sheets $20.51

-Rob

12. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just got a 25+10 pack of 8x10 from Jacobs, probably the cheapest I can get that paper.

13. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Any chance of extending that offer to Japan? School starts in April and I'd love get my hands on Ilford pearl paper again :D

14. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ILFORD are selling the '25+10' and '100+20' packs again in the UK market?

Tom

15. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Tom I have seen no sign of these packs again. The Back to School time is usually Autumn term so late Aug/early Sept would be the usual time and not half way through Winter term.

I don't recall any such offer since 2007 and certainly Simon has made no repeat announcement.

pentaxuser

16. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I miss the 25+15! That was such a sweet deal! I bought at least 5 of those. I'm on to FB now :D

17. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Must have bought old stock that Jacobs still have.

18. swangga

swangga Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where can I find Ilford product in Indonesia? :smile:

19. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  20. Neanderman

Neanderman Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I just bought 100 sheets of Multigrade, but I'm going to look for the 50 pack with the filters -- it will be good to have a 'backup' set.

Simon, my thanks to you and Harmon for being there. It give me some faith that this art may continue for a while.

Ed

21. sly

sly Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was getting kind of excited until I saw the date on the OP. This is an old post guys. Hopefully there'll be a special offer agian this fall, but this ain't it.

22. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes this is where undated thread titles if it's a time limited offer can fool us. Not sure what can be done about it but it can be a problem in the same way that say a 5 year old complaint about a supplier can be, especially if the complaint has been long since resolved or was a "one-off".

pentaxuser