ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology : SFX Film / ULF Film / New Prods

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Simon R Galley, May 23, 2006.

1. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just a short update on one or two products for you :

SFX Film : Initial trials look very positive for a full coating in July, this will be dependant on 'pre orders ' from our distributors around the World as we will only coat it once per annum, as I have already explained: As we have also stated this will be for 35mm miniature film only, but as we have received many, many requests for 120 we will review if it is worthwhile doing some further base qualification work, this is not a promise, but it is now on the radar.

ULF Film, the good news is that the ULF film sale was a success ( mostly thanks to the dealers who did sterling work for us in getting pre-orders, and you of course who ordered it ) . We will do ULF again probably starting the process later in the summer. NOW A QUESTION : Following on from the Silver conference, and the APUG conference we have been requested to make DELTA 3200 as a ULF sheet film, long exposures are the problem, not grain, so we can see where you are coming from. Our question to you is DO YOU WANT IT, its quite a bit of work to qualify a sheet film base, but if the feedback here is positive we will decide if we can raise it to project level.

New products already raised to project level ( but with no final go/no go )
    or production schedules are a 25 asa Delta Film ( this would NOT replace PAN F + ) and a Multigrade Cooltone Fibre Base, I will communicate more info on these when it is available.

Kind Regards & Thanks in advance for your feedback and comments:

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

2. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Simon,
    Re: the Delta 3200. I personally think it would be fantastic, but I have one worry. Because we ULF shooters tend to order many years worth of film at one time, how do you think it would age?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2006
  3. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm very glad to hear the possibility of SFX and Cooltone FB paper, but I would not be overly interested in the 3200 sheet film.

- Randy

4. unregistered

unregistered Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you still going to offer fiber paper for mural printing? If so, what sizes?

Thanks

5. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not a ULF shooter - 8x10 is about as much as I can carry. But, I'd be thrilled to see Delta 3200 in 8x10, along with the ULF sizes.

6. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Alexis,

We will continue to make wide roll mono paper in RC and FB, check out our PAL ( product availability list : PDF ) on our new website www.ILFORDPhoto.com

Simon : ILFORD photo

7. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think Cooltone fiber base would be a BIG winner. I would be a buyer of such a paper.

25asa Delta film sounds pretty awsome as well.

You also deserve a portion of the credit for the success of the ULF film endeavor Simon. You patient answering of questions and openess to discussions regarding Ilford-Harmon really gives us tremendous confidnece in the future of analoge photography.

8. BruceN

BruceN Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dito. Mostly. I would love to see SFX200 in rollfilm! I would probably buy some 3200 in 4x5 sheets, but not in any great quantities.

Bruce

9. Dave Wooten

Dave Wooten Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Simon I would be interested in the SFX and the Delta 3200, also the 25 asa in 35mm....

(one concern...will I be able to get 37 exposures on the 35 mm roll film? :D :D :D )(that was one of the funniest stories I have heard in a long time and your delivery and timing was perfect)

...may have to do a video of that story.....:D :D :D

still laughing my ass off...even when sober in the middle of the Mojave desert!

Dave in Vegas

10. jim appleyard

jim appleyard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Simon! I know that SFX in 120 is a big step, but at least it's being talked about.

11. acroell

acroell Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    In short: YES!!! I'd love to have 3200 in 4x5 and 8x10.
    In a similar vein, I used to use the old Delta 400 in 4x5 when that was still available. Any possibility of getting the new version in 4x5 again some time?
    And the Delta 25 sounds great, too!

12. komet

komet Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Would the Delta 3200 also be available in normal sheet formats? I'd shoot it in 4x5".

anthony

13. Lachlan Young

Lachlan Young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Delta 3200 in 4x5 does sound interesting - available light photography in 4x5 - what will the d***philes think? :smile:

I am really interested in the cool toned FB paper - something like a VC Brovira would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Lachlan

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would love delta 3200 in 3x4 for my Graflex SLR, but I wouldn't shoot it in anything else.

16. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I would love the Delta 3200 in 4x5. Given I was one of the ones who cornered you at the APUG conference on this product I suspect you already know that. Thanks for looking into it.

If I were to use SFX again it would only be in 120 roll film or sheet film sizes.

Larry

17. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Re ULF: MANY THANKS for all your efforts on this. Re Delta 3200, if you offered this product I would certainly buy at least a few boxes to give it a try. I'd especially like to see it in smaller formats, but would potentially try it in 11x14 as well.

Re Multigrade Cooltone Fibre Base: If such a product had a shorter toe and a higher native Dmax than MGIVFB, it would immediately become the paper I use most.

18. titrisol

titrisol Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Alright! SFX is back!

19. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    At the moment I find Delta 100 in 5x4 more than adequate. I would probably switch over to Delta 400 if it was available - it is the bulk of my 120 usage - but I am not sure if I would use a lot of Delta 3200. It makes sense in 8x10 and up because the larger format compensates for the grain, but the 5x4/120 difference is not that great. It is one of the reasons I have a roll-film back anyway.

However, I am a small user in the scheme of things.

The bulk of my printing is done on Warmtone paper. At least this year :cool:

20. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    SFX: yes. In 120 - even more so!

Delta 25, same as above

Don't do sheet film.

Keep up the good work!

21. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I seem to be in the minority here... What I want is SLOW sheet films. PanF+ in ULF would get my vote!

I use barrel lenses a lot, and my hat isn't reliable at faster shutter times than 1/2 second. I would also like to be able to use large apertures with the shuttered lenses I have, with FP4+ I'm often limited to no more than f:11 due to slow shutters. I'd love to be able to use f:3.5 in daylight (without a thick pack of ND filters).

22. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I've just switched to Delta 100 in 8x10. I shot the first sheets Monday but haven't souped them yet. I would like to try Delta 400 in 8x10. I've never shot Delta 3200, so have no opinion but I'm not sure I would use it much.
    -Rob Skeoch

23. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'd add a vote for delta 3200 in 5X4, I'd also like to see Pan F in 5X4.

24. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I would buy some Delta 3200 film in 8x10" and perhaps 4x5".

25. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Simon,

I have been shooting T Max 400 in 8x10, about 25 sheets a month. I have just added a 7x17 camera. For me T Max 400 in 7x17 is at an unacceptable price. I am not seeking grain, but I do want as little reciprocity as I can. I will have to try 3200 and decide.

Several people have talked about wanting Delta 400 in LF and ULF. Is this even being considered or possible? If both 3200 and Delta 400 become available I will simply try them. Either way you got me. Thanks for all that you and Ilford are doing as well as the APUG convention.

John Powers

26. RidingWaves

RidingWaves Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    SFX

ALoha Simon,
    I would like SFX in 120, but I plan on using it again in 35mm. Delta 25 would be used as well, probably a 100 ft roll a month or the equivalent (I prefer the bulk rolls, less waste, cans, packaging etc). I'd use the Delta 25 in 120 and 4x5 as well and would most definitely try the Delta 3200 in 4x5! Handheld Speed Graphic in available light! Totally looking forward to that!