Ilfotec HC with 320 TXP - Any dilution/time recommendations?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Removed Account, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Removed Account

Removed Account Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have been unable to track down information on developing 320 TXP with Ilfotec HC, not even on the Massive Development Chart. Ilford's recommendation for 400TX is 6:30 @ 20C @ 1:31, which is what I used my last development, but obviously the emulsions are very diffrent. Is the Ilfotec close enough to HC110 that I can use the development times provided by Kodak? Better yet, does anyone have experience with this combination or able to direct me to such information?

Just to be sure, I am shooting 320TXP 4x5, tray developing, and exposing it at EI 250.

Thanks for the help,

- Justin

2. John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I think the developers are so similar that the time for HC-110 would be an excellent starting point. As you correcty say, 320TXP is a different film from 400TX. I think Sanders McNew uses 320TXP and a PM to him may provide some info for you...

Regards, John.

(Useful link below)

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/2006130203552943.pdf

3. Removed Account

Removed Account Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I did manage to find some information last night from someone who ran tests, I think he had posted on photo.net or the lf forum. I ended up treating the Ilfotec HC as HC110 and mixed it to Dilution H, 1:63. A one-minute pre-soak, develop for 9 minutes at 68F (decreased time to 8 minutes as my hands warmed the developer to 75F over 10 sheets and 3 hours including time to dry), 30 secs in 1% acetic acid (from white vinegar) and fix for 3 minutes in Ilford Rapid Fixer diluted 1:4. Things seemed to work out quite nicely, the proof will come when the printing is done!

- Justin